We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Are you at that point in quarantine that you would do anything life throws at you to overcome your boredom? Well, people are DIY'ing their days away, in this case, one cardboard box at a time.
Cats love cardboard boxes: Any owner who has bought a fabulous bed for them knows that the bed will never be used, instead, the cat will hop into the next cardboard box they see without giving it much thought.
Apparently, the reason why cats love those simple boxes is that these boxes reduce the stress levels of the cats, according to a paper published in Applied Animal Behavior. The boxes offer a safe zone where your cat can observe and not be seen.
SEE ALSO: WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU STRAPPED BUTTERED TOAST TO THE BACK OF A CAT?
So yes, cats use boxes as hiding places in a way where predators can’t sneak up on them from the side or behind. Now, people out there are building tanks out of cardboard boxes for cats to enjoy and look incredibly cute, and the boxes, while probably not aimed to achieve such a thing, are making the lieutenant kitties feel even safer.
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. "They are preparing for the noble war!"
2. "Lieutenants catto reporting for duty! Target acquired! Proceed!"
3. This cat is ready to pounce!
We built our cat a tank out of leftover cardboard... from r/aww
4. I’ve reached the “built a tank for the cat” stage of quarantine.
6. "Essential mouse killer reporting for duty."
7. General McTubs? We are out of words.
General McTubs leads the charge pic.twitter.com/mWjMmxisd8— Giant Military Cats (@giantcat9) April 18, 2020
8. This kitty has its battle face on.
9. "When you have a lot of time on your hands + many boxes + a curious adorable cat = The Thorminator"
10. "Every cat needs a tank to defend their castle."
Every cat needs a tank to defend their castle. I can't tell you how frustrating this was to build. from r/cats
11. "I'm ready to beat the virus, and you? Have you your own tank?"
12. The toilet papers were a nice touch.
13. "Made my cat a tank, not as good as others I'd seen on here. And we had to bribe him to get the photo."
Made my cat a tank, not as good as others I’d seen on here. And we had to bribe him to get the photo. from r/aww